Originally posted 2020-10-29 18:09:29.
A Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategist or Specialist is the author for analyzing, reviewing and executing the changes associated with websites so as to urge it to be optimized for the program. The SEO Specialist maximize the traffic that involves a site by improving the ranking within the program.
The roles and responsibility of SEO strategist is very important as he/she makes important decisions which directly impact the companies performance.
According to SEO.com:
The responsibility to point out the web site at the highest of the ranking is that of the job of an SEO strategist. If we glance back to 10 years from now, then the role of an SEO strategist was very different as compared to today’s time. Now the strategist should have updated skill-set so as to suit the role.
Skills Required For SEO Strategist Work
An SEO strategist’s work has a variety when it will have to come to the background and skill sets. For instance, There are chances that the person has a background of programming and is ready to specialize in technical optimization. Similarly, there could also be people that have an honest amount of experience in designing, writing etc. But when it involves an SEO strategist, he/she should know all the intricacies of the program operations.
Most SEO experts will concentrate on several of the areas mentioned below:
1) In-depth keyword research
2) Studying traffic and analytics
3) Split-testing similar pages
4) Building natural backlinks
5) Analyzing the client’s competitors
6) To Maximize local search exposure
7) Developing strong calls to action
8) Working with writers and designers
9) Some might know programming in HTML, PHP, etc.
10) Creating effective ranking strategies
11) Researching the latest SEO practices
There are many things that count for the functionality of the web site and its search operations.
An SEO expert is usually equipped with ample SEO evaluation tools like Google Analytics and Moz’s Open Site Explorer. These help to create a thorough action plan. The SEO strategist’s expertise is in the continuous process of researching the trending and new program updates of core ranking algorithms. They also confirm how the new changes are getting to affect their clients.
Key Traits Of An SEO Strategist
An SEO expert should have both creative and technical skills in order to deliver the best for the clients. Many things or aspects are related when it comes to achieving a favourable ranking on Google. To make it happen, an SEO strategist must have high-skills alongside multi-tasking.
Here are the ranking criteria an SEO expert are going to be knowledgeable of:
1) Writing quality content focused towards target customers
2) In order to form the pages visually appealing, it’s necessary to feature pictures and graphics
3) Make sure that the keywords are utilized in title and paragraphs
4) Must know the vitality of mobile optimized website
5) Quality backlinks play an important role
6) To build a strong local presence, create citations
7) Should be capable to drive traffic from various sources
8) Content should be write with quality and improves readability
9) Should be ready to perform research on latest algorithm updates
10) Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Clients may have less knowledge of how search optimization works. So it’s the skill and responsibility of the SEO specialist to form the team to understand all the technical things within the most simpler manner.
What Are The Roles And Responsibilities Of SEO Strategist?
1) Analyze and perform keywords research in sync with the client’s business goals in order to optimize the prevailing content and discover new opportunities
2) A detailed analysis of the results derived that ought to be in coordination with the website’s structure and therefore the sites
3) Should suggest and implement strategies for content development. All of the strategies should be in sync with SEO objectives
4) Moderate programs that include webmaster tools, XML sitemaps etc. so as to form the reports of the client projects’
5) Also, provides a hand in producing marketing content like blog posts, posts, case studies etc.
6) Execute campaigns for link building campaigns that ought to go hand in hand with client’s SEO objectives
7) Assistance in creating and implementing content strategies, keeping in mind the SEO goals
8) Maintain the momentum going with SEO, social media, and internet marketing industry trends and developments
9) Make use of varied tools that support the social media strategy of the client
10) Monitor web analytics dashboards, reports, and key reporting tools, and mark the key areas of importance consistent with the client goals
11) Always analyze and keep a tab on the results and therefore the search performance across all the channels
12) Must have excellent and proper communication with the whole team and management regarding the project status and its development
13) Work and cooperate with the other team members to reach client goals
Professional skills and qualifications
1) Experience in Program Marketing (SEM) and Program Optimization (SEO) for around 1 to 2 years
2) Efficient skills in using various social media marketing tools
3) Must have a know-how with website analysis alongside a spread of analytics tools. This includes Google Analytics also because the internal reporting tool
4) Proper knowledge of using Afrefs, Semrush, Adplexity, Ubbersuggest etc. which ever he/she is suitable or comfortable with
5) Sufficient knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administrations
6) Degrees preferred: BS/BA
7) SEO strategists should even be conscious of the items like Private Blog Network, AMP etc.
SEO Strategist Salary
This is a very common question asked
How much does a Senior SEO Specialist/Strategist make in Australia?
Well Australia is a very huge country and the salary of SEO Specialist may vary but according to Indeed Australia, the salary is:
$85,989 per year
If you are looking or seeking for a position which is very challenging and boost your career, then SEO Strategist is the position for you. You will learn many things when you enter this position, tips and tricks of digital marketing that will boost companies or any design agencies you’ll work for.
About The Author
Ajaib Salgotra is a Digital Marketing Executive who lives in Singapore. Before moving, he has worked in Netflux Technologies, and MPhasis an HP Company Pune, India, awarded as best employee of the year.